Wednesday 1 February 2012

I'm on a mask roll, But this time it's a face one!

Bonjour ;)

I picked up a white chocolate deep cleansing mask in my local chemist the other day on a whim. I figured my face could do with a treat!
I washed and dried my face and slopped (Yes Slopped) this on my face, It's a very thick consistency.
I lay back and watched some of Eastenders. The smell is GAG-WORTHY not what I expected it to smell like at all. It's actually nasty and my face was getting tighter by the minute! It felt like someone had just given me 50 shots of botox!
It's a white mask and I actually gave Wayne a fright when he came in the door which was really very hilarious as he screamed a little! I think it was one of those "You had to have been there" kinda moments though!
Where was I?... Oh Yes...
The mask.
So after 15 minutes I went in to the bathroom and washed it all off. With some relief I wiggled my face around as I previously wasn't able to!
I can't really say that my face was any different, It was clean but that was about it really!

3 DAYS LATER............................................

Oh dear lord god.... I had about seven new spots.. Not exactly a good look. I am aware that it only did what it was supposed to, cleanse the skin and clean the pores and all that jazz but I really do not recommend one of these if you have something big or fancy coming up soon. Concealer covered up my new found friends on my face and my life wasn't exactly over or anything, But I just thought I should warn you!
It's a good look I know ;)

My eyes look really creepy!!!

Have you guys broken out like this before from a face mask.?

Courtenay
xoxo

6 comments:

  1. heya hun, a face mask or facial is ment to drag the impurities from the skin and often leaves you with a few spots. It is always recomended not to have a facial or use a mask up to 7 days before a special occasion xx


    www.dream1ncolour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Aimee I know... And silly me for doing it! Oh well.. Could be worse :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. @Beauty Fiend, It sounds yummy but the smell actually made me want to gag... I can't even descibe it without nearly retching!!! Bleugh!!xo

      Delete
  3. your review/experience made me a little scared of the sachet lying in my bathroom :S what are your favourite mask(s) from montagne jeunesse or other brands? I usu skip out my eye and lip area when I do mask. anyway, you can find my review of 4 of their masks in my blog! cheers~~
    http://www.beautysketchbyjacq.com/2011/10/review-montagne-jeunesse-masks.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be perfectly honest I don't actually use face masks all too often. I have super sensitive skin so i'm kind of afraid of them! I probably should have skipped my eye and lip area.. Ooopsies! :D
      I'll pop on over and have a read of your review. Might make me a little more comfortable about buying a few more :)
      xoxo

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. They mean a lot to me and I read each one :)