Wednesday 14 December 2011

NOTD :)

**********Don't forget to enter the competition Here! **********

Hi girls,

So I figured I'd get into the festive spirit seeing as it's only 11 days til Christmas... I'm actually seriously excited!!

I decided to give OPI's "Houston we have a purple" one more chance. I figured that maybe it was just my nails. So I stuck on my falsies and started painting away.... 5 COATS!!!!!!!! It actually took 5 coats just so that my nails weren't still transparent. NOT IMPRESSED. However I had already gone so far so I figured I might as well keep going.

*Mini rant over*


I had a little helper today watching my every move... :) This is Harvey!


I then followed with OPI's "Divine Swine" from The Muppets Collection. It's a super cute glittery purple colour.
I then finished off with OPI Top Coat.

Drum roll please...............


These photo's make them look like a total mess but they're actually a lot brighter and more glittery in real life!


I'm pretty sure Harvey approves :D

Hope you have a lovely evening!
Loads of Love,
Courtenay
*Mwah*
xoxo

8 comments:

  1. wonderful nails! Lovely blog :) Visit mine http://pleasestrikeapose.blogspot.com/ and if you like it follow me! Please if you follow me on GFC please follow me also on Bloglovin' http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/2642744/please-strike-a-pose

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the comment.. this looks great xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martina: I am now following you on BlogLovin, I can't quite figure it out properly yet though ;)

    Yolandaas: Thank you x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice!! i like the color and the combination with the glittery nailpolish... now i have an idea what to wear on my nails this christmas!


    www.niqueinit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Nique: Yeah I thought they were a nice combination ;) They remind me of a purple glittery bauble! :D
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the comment you left on my blog! I am following!!

    I can help you with OPI Houston We Have A Purple. Its actually a special polish with a special finish. Its a jelly or also called sorbet. It supposed to be more clear than other lacquers. Here's how to use it: apply one layer of a thicker more opaque lacquer, then apply two thin coats of glitter, then apply one coat of OPI Houston We Have A Purple. This process is called a Candy Mani, below is a link to a tutorial I did a while ago. Enjoy!


    http://thelacquerfactor.blogspot.com/2011/07/candy-manistep-by-step-guide.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. @The Lacquer Factory: Ahhhh It's all making sense now! :) Thank you so much for filling me in. I was absolutley clueless! Maybe they should advertise it as that style of polish then? That way they wouldn't be getting such bad reviews off me! I think i'll do my nails tomorrow and try it your way this time!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. :) So glad I could help! They really should have advertised it better!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. They mean a lot to me and I read each one :)